A science based company
Current Job Vacancy - Materials Engineer / Laboratory Technologist
Materials Technology Ltd is currently looking for a Materials Engineer or Laboratory Technologist to work on all aspects of materials science and testing in a small laboratory environment. The position would suit a science or engineering graduate. However we will also consider applicants with relevant experience or other qualifications.
You will be involved in all aspects of running a small materials testing laboratory and day to day project management. The position involves day to day preparation of test specimens, microscopy, metallographic techniques such as polishing and fracture analysis, accelerated weathering testing, mechanical testing, chemical analysis and thermal analysis. A broad range of experience in analytical techniques would be advantageous.
You will also be involved in routine failure analysis, designing and planning test programmes, researching subjects and reporting on your findings.
Hours of work 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Desired Skill and experience
Some of the specific skills we are looking for are;
• You must have the ability to write technical reports on a frequent basis.
• Experience in planning, performing and reporting test programmes.
• You will be expected to work to deadlines and be able to manage your time effectively.
• You must have a methodical and diligent attitude to work.
• You must have good problem solving skills and be able to draw conclusions from your work.
• You must be flexible and able to work on a variety of tasks and projects.
• You must be computer literate. Experience with standard MS office package including Word, Excel and Powerpoint is required.
• Experience of ISO9001 or working in an ISO9001 environment would be advantageous.
• Evidence of good laboratory work and experimental skills
• Experiencing of testing or analysing materials.
• Proven ability to independently design and carry out experiments.
• Sound scientific judgement in own work and in problem solving
• Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
• Good awareness of laboratory safety
• Sound skills in literature searching and application of findings
Materials Technology is a small but growing science based company that needs high calibre employees to assist us. We are materials consulting and testing engineers working across all industry sectors including oil, petrochem, marine, transport, aerospace, automotive & leisure to name but a few. We solve technical problems, carry out R & D, select materials, carry out failure investigation, new product design. We have experience in metals, plastics, ceramics, paints, surface engineering, corrosion, welding etc.
We will offer you the necessary training and opportunities for career development. We can promise you an interesting variety of work and you can read more about our activities on our web site.
Please apply with a full CV and send it to email@example.com
We would also like you to complete the following questions,
1. Tell us what attracted you to this post?
2. What can you offer Materials Technology?
3. Tell us about yourself?
4. What do you do outside of work?
We would like to hear from you as soon as possible. The closing date for this vacancy is 23rd November 2012. Successful applicants will be called for interview by 30rd November 2012.